Posted on May 8, 2015
Dear Denver, you hold a special place in our hearts for a lot of reasons, which makes you a great city to have a Howl at the Moon because we get to see you in all your dancing, party glory! Today, we wanted to introduce you to the man that keeps the party going every night we’re open – our General Manager Derek!
Yes, that’s right. They’re holding Club of the Year awards!
Name: Derek Langford
Job: General Manager – Denver
Years with Howl: 7 years
1. What’s your favorite thing about working at Howl? My favorite thing about working at Howl is that we get to help create and share in memories that people make here every weekend. When a guest compliments the staff for making their bachelorette party or birthday extra special, it gives me a good feeling.
2. Name your top 3 favorite drinks on the menu! I’m a beer and whiskey guy but you can’t come to Howl without trying a Bucket!
3. What musician or celebrity do you think is your kindred spirit? I feel like Ed Sheeran or Andy Grammer are a lot like me. I’m sort of a poet but no one knows it.
4. What 3 artists are repeatedly playing on your Spotify right now? Andy Grammer, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars
5. If you could have dinner with any musician, dead or alive, who would it be? Elvis Presley of course. He was so influential on most of the music today. Besides that my mom would be so jealous.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve? Boas. We should have a surcharge for parties that bring in boas. Those feathers end up everywhere!
7. Your go-to late night food is: A well-deserved beer after a long night at Howl.
8. You’ve just been challenged to a dance off, what do you have the DJ play? It would have to be something Electronic like Deadmau5
9. What’s the craziest thing that’s ever happened while you’ve been working at Howl? Am I allowed to say that here? Let’s just say that my job never has a dull moment. 😉
10. The #1 song from the 90s that everyone needs to have on their playlist is: Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch c’mon!
Want to see Derek in action? You can find him supervising the floor at Howl Denver most night of the week, making sure everything goes smoothly. Enter below to win a Happy Hour party at Howl at the Moon and say “HI!” to Derek when you see him!