Baltimore’s Live Music Bar
Howl at the Moon is the bar that rocks! A favorite live music bar in Baltimore, our dueling piano players always bring the party to the stage! Our players are professional musicians who rock out at Howl at the Moon 4 nights a week. They are the lifeline of Howl at the Moon, dropping the beats and melodies that inspire singing, dancing, and fun! Let’s put the spotlight on a few the fellas who make Howl at the Moon the best bar with live music in Baltimore!
- Years at Howl?I started in November of 2006, so I’m coming up on 7.
- Favorite instrument?Piano! (Though I am frenemies with the keytar.)
- Favorite song to play at Howl?”Devil Went Down to Georgia” by Charlie Daniels band, “Hey Ya” by Outkast, “This is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan….really anything that gets a crowd singing along, laughing, dancing, or preferably all three.
- The craziest/funniest song request you’ve ever played?Probably “Party in the USA” by Bruce Springsteen.
- Song that you’d be ok with nobody ever requesting again?”Don’t Stop Believing,” “Don’t Stop Believing,” a thousand times “Don’t Stop Believing.”
- What albums have you been rockin to lately?Anything by Ben Folds is always good. As for newer stuff, I’ve been getting into the Dirty Heads lately.
- Where can we find you when you’re not working?At home with my lovely wife Beth, Citizens Bank Park taking in a Phillies game, at the beach in Sea Isle City, NJ. All of these are good bets.
- What is your favorite thing about the city of Baltimore?I love that in Baltimore, Old Bay seasoning and/or crab meat can be added to pretty much anything at any restaurant (this includes certain beverages), and the result is usually delicious.
- Years at Howl?10
- Favorite instrument?Piano
- Favorite song to play at Howl?3 way tie: Cruise, Blurred Lines, September
- The craziest/funniest song request ?When they mix up the title and/or artist. Those are my favorites.Two that stand out:
- Anthony’s Restaurant by Billy Joel
- Journey on my Wayward Son by Boston
- Song that you’d be ok with nobody ever requesting again?Criminal by Fiona Apple
- What albums have you been rockin to lately?What is an album? :)I listen to a bunch of Christian artists.. Mark Schultz, Lincoln Brewster, Toby Mac, Chris Tomlin.
- Where can we find you when you’re not working?Spending time with my gorgeous wife, playing with my kids or working on my Christian music cd.
- What is your favorite thing about the city of Baltimore?It reminds me so much of my hometown, Pittsburgh, PA. Hard working, blue collar town with good people. My neighbors grew up in Baltimore and they are the BEST !!(I still wont cheer for the Ravens though…. Go Steelers !!!)