Breaking news: it’s Friday and you could use a drink. We’re right there with you, amigo. To get the party started, we’re going to share a fresh and tasty drink with you every Friday that’ll make your taste buds twerk. This week, we’re sharing a refreshing cocktail from our buddies at Host the Toast called a Boozy Watermelon Mint Lemonade. Can you guess what’s in it? Need a hint? See below!
Boozy Watermelon Mint Lemonade
Source – hostthetoast.com
What you need
- 2½ pounds watermelon flesh, seeds removed, cut into chunks
- ¼ cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, plus an additional lemon, sliced, for garnish
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves, plus more mint, for garnish
- 2½ cups white rum, vodka, or water
- ¼ cup agave syrup or simple syrup
What you need to do
- Put the chunked watermelon, cucumber, and mint in a blender, add the lemon juice, and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher to remove the pulp and leaves.
- Mix in the alcohol or water and slowly mix in the syrup until everything is well-combined.
- Add the lemon slices and ice. Garnish each glass with a sprig of mint. Serve.