Posted on October 5, 2017
Fall is here, whether you like it or not. None of us really want to say goodbye to summer, but we just don’t really have a choice in the matter. To ease those summer blues and have something to get excited about in fall, we put together this collection of boozy fall drinks and cocktails. Of course, there can be of fun things about fall too – pumpkin spice, apples, cinnamon – we made sure all of those ingredients were turned into a drink one way or another. You can’t really start off the season without a pumpkin cocktail recipe, can you? Once you are sipping on some Spiced Pumpkin Punch, you will forget all about those long, hot evenings and get ready for changing leave and sweater weather!
1. Using a cocktail shaker, add a few ice cubes, 1/4 cup bourbon, 3/4 cup apple cider, 1/2 tbsp. agave nectar, 1/2 tbsp. all spice, 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg and a pinch of grated ginger. Shake really well.
2. Using a strainer, strain the drink over an ice-filled rock glass. Top each drink with a drop of bitters and a rosemary sprig.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum via Rachael White
1. Pour the water, cider and rum into a kettle or saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. While your brew is brewing, combine the butter, pumpkin spice seasoning, vanilla extract and honey in a small bowl.
3. Divide brew and butter into 4 pretty cups or mugs. Add a cinnamon stick and serve.
Cranberry Martini via Better Homes and Gardens
1. In a 1-1/2-quart saucepan combine 1 cup cranberries, 1 cup granulated sugar, and water. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Continue to cook just until cranberries start to burst. Remove from heat, cool 30 minutes. Strain cranberry mixture, reserving cranberries and liquid. Combine vodka, reserved strained cranberries, and 2/3 cup of the reserved liquid (discard remaining liquid). Cover and freeze for 3 days.
2. Strain cranberries out of vodka; discard cranberries (you should have about 4 cups vodka mixture).
3. Place ice cubes in a martini shaker. For four drinks, add 2 cups vodka mixture; shake. Strain into four of the prepared glasses; repeat. If desired, garnish with additional cranberries threaded onto small skewers.
Pumpkin Beer Float via Betty Crocker
1. In each of 2 drinking glasses, place 1 scoop vanilla and 1 scoop chocolate ice cream. Pour pumpkin beer over ice cream.
Apple and Pear White Sangria via Love Grows Wild
1. Combine wine, lemon liqueur, lemon zest, and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice, apple slices, and pear slices and mix well. Place pitcher in refrigerator for 4 hours to chill and allow flavors to blend. Just before serving, top sangria off with seltzer.
Pumpkin Cider Beertail via Brit & Co.
1. Start with a cinnamon stick. Place one in each glass or, in our case, each mismatched mason jar. Next, pour Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale until the glass is about three quarters full. Next, add your cider. You want a little bit of foam so don’t worry about extra bubbles.
2. Squeeze a little bit of lemon on top and place wedges on each glass for garnish. Finish off with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!
Apple Cider Margarita via Card Store
1. On a small plate, stir together 3 tablespoons (each) of cane sugar, coarse sugar and cinnamon. Run an orange slice around the edge of each glass and press the rim into the cinnamon sugar mixture (the juice from the orange is what makes the sugar stick to the rim – you can use a lemon or lime in the same fashion). Fill the glasses with ice and set them aside.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine 1 cup of ice with the orange juice, apple cider, Grand Marnier and tequila, and shake. Pour the drink through a strainer into the ice filled glasses (using fresh ice in your drink keeps it extra cold – the ice from the shaker may have cracked and will melt faster). Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Apple Ginger and Cranberry Vodka Cocktail via What Katie Ate
1. Place the apple juice, cranberry juice and vodka in a blender and whizz until pale pink and frothy. Pour into a large serving jug, add the ginger ale and a good handful of ice. Serve immediately.
Spiced Pumpkin Punch via Domesticate Me
1. Place all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Strain ingredients over ice in a rocks glass.
2. Garnish your cocktail with a cinnamon stick and a couple sage leaves if you’re feeling fancy. An extra dash of cinnamon never hurts either.
Have one or two of these delicious drink recipes for fall and it’ll definitely take the edge off. Even if you were clinging onto you flip flops for dear life, you’ll soon be singing the praises of all things caramel and pumpkin spice. Yea, that’s how good these fall cocktail recipes are. Don’t just take our word for it, try them yourself!
If you’re not the DIY, whiz-with-a-shaker type, Howl at the Moon has you covered. We may not have these fall cocktails on our menu, but we definitely have a few that will help your forget that summer is coming to an end. Click below to enter to win a party for you and all your friends and we will prove it to you!
Check out what’s going on at your nearest Howl:
Baltimore | Boston | Charlotte | Chicago | Cincinnati | Denver | Foxborough | Hollywood | Houston | Indianapolis | Kansas City | Louisville | Orlando | Philadelphia | Pittsburgh | San Antonio | St. Louis