Fall is in full force! This is the best time of the year to throw on a sweater, light a candle and cozy up with a cocktail. Whether you are hosting a party or relaxing by yourself, these drinks will hit the spot. We have searched the web for the best Fall Cocktails and picked some of the most unique and delicious recipes. From Black Magic Margaritas to Boozy Pumpkin Hot Chocolate, we have found the best autumn drinks that are definitely worth making. Have fun exploring Howl’s Festive Fall Cocktails!
Festive Fall Cocktails
Autumn Harvest Fall Sangria
-1 bottle light-bodied Spanish wine
-2 cups apple cider
-½ cup pear or apple brandy
-¼ cup cinnamon simple syrup
-1 Honeycrisp apple – cored and chopped
-1 green pear – cored and chopped
-½ orange – quartered and sliced
-Seeds from one pomegranate
-3 or 4 cinnamon sticks
In a large pitcher, combine the wine, apple cider, brandy, cinnamon simple syrup and fruits. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
-1.5 oz. rum
Fill a glass with ice. Add rum and top with apple cider. Garnish with cinnamon, nutmeg and apple slices and this simple cocktail is ready to serve.
Maple Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
-4 oz. bourbon
-3 oz. cranberry juice
-2 oz. maple cranberry syrup (adjust to desired level of sweetness)
-2 oz. seltzer or club soda
-Maple cranberries and rosemary for garnish
Maple Cranberry Syrup
-½ cup real maple syrup
-1 cup fresh cranberries
1. Prepare the Maple Cranberry Syrup. In a small saucepan, mix the maple syrup and fresh cranberries. Simmer until cranberries begin to burst (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and cool completely.
2. Add ice to two rocks glasses. Top each with a tablespoon of the maple cranberries. Set aside.
3. In a shaker, fill with ice, add the bourbon, cranberry juice and maple cranberry syrup.
4. Shake vigorously. Strain into the prepared rocks glasses. Top each with a splash of seltzer. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Boozy Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
-½ cup white chocolate chips
-2 – ½ cups milk
-¼ cup pumpkin puree
-¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-1 oz. Kahlua or bourbon
-Optional whipped cream or caramel for topping
1. In a saucepan over medium low heat, melt the chocolate chips and ½ cup of milk, whisking often (about 3 minutes).
2. Once melted, add the rest of the milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and stir vigorously to incorporate.
3. Pour a small amount of the hot chocolate into serving glasses. Add the Kahlua or bourbon. Top with hot chocolate and stir. Top with whipped cream, caramel and pumpkin pie spice (optional).
Black Magic Margarita
-2 tbsp. black sanding sugar
-4 oz. silver tequila
-2 oz. triple sec
-½ cup lime juice
-Red, blue and green food coloring
-Lime slices for garnish
1. Rim two glasses with a lime slice and dip in black sanding sugar.
2. In a shaker, fill with ice. Add tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Shake vigorously.
3. Add food coloring until desired black color is achieved.
4. Strain into prepared glasses filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of lime.
Pumpkin Spice Moscow Mules
-2 – 4 oz. vanilla vodka (use traditional vodka for a less sweet cocktail)
-1 heaping tbsp. pumpkin puree
-¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
-Squeeze of lime
-Spicy ginger beer
1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake together vodka, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and lime juice.
2. Pour into a copper mule mug filled with ice and top with ginger beer.
3. Garnish with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and serve.
Easy Mulled Wine
-2 bottles red wine
-¾ cup brown sugar
-6 cinnamon sticks
-2 cups orange juice
-1 cup brandy
-Fresh ginger slices
-½ tsp. allspice
-1 orange for zesting
-Whole cloves and whole allspice for garnish
1. Pour the red wine and orange juice into a large pot. Add spices, ginger, brown sugar, four cinnamon sticks and orange zest. Stir to dissolve the brown sugar.
2. Warm over medium heat, but don’t bring to a boil.
3. Once evenly warmed and the sugar has dissolved, add the brandy and reduce to very low heat.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with remaining cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and orange zest.
Live Music Venue
Check out what’s going on at your nearest Howl:Go Back